Celebrate World Hearing Day 2021
World Hearing Day 2021 will be celebrated on this March 3rd. We at SoundLife Hearing celebrate this annual event by encouraging you and your family & friends to protect your hearing throughout your lives. Hearing loss is one of the most common health problems in the world and it’s not just affecting the senior citizens. People of all ages have their hearing ability deteriorate due to accidents, birth defects, lifestyle and bad habits.
Never shy away from having hearing loss. It can be helped and treated. The theme for this year World Hearing Day is:
Hearing Care for ALL! Screen, Rehabilitate, Communicate
Early treatment for hearing loss can have a positive effect on quality of life in both everyday and work situations. If left untreated, hearing loss can have a detrimental effect on the brain. In some studies, untreated hearing loss in adults leads to depression, fatigue, social withdrawal and impaired memory.
World Hearing Day Key Messages by World Health Organization (WHO)
For the general public:
- Good hearing and communication are important at all stages of life.
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be avoided through preventative actions such as: protection against loud sounds; good ear care practices and immunization.
- Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be addressed when it is identified in a timely manner and appropriate care sought.
- People at risk of hearing loss should check their hearing regularly.
- People having hearing loss (or related ear diseases) should seek care from a health care provider.
For Policy Makers:
- The number of people living with unaddressed hearing loss and ear diseases is unacceptable.
- Timely action is needed to prevent and address hearing loss across the life course.
- Investing in cost effective interventions will benefit people with hearing loss and bring financial gains to the society.
- Governments must act to integrate person-centred ear and hearing care within national health plans for universal health coverage.
Make Healthy Hearing Your Priority
How’s your hearing? Ask this question to your friend or family member who has hearing loss. We can help you spot the signs and then give them all the support they need. Here are some pointers that could mean you or your loved ones are experiencing hearing loss.
Signs of Hearing Loss:
- Asking people to repeat themselves
- Need higher volume on TV, radio or during phone call
- A ringing or buzzing sound in your ears
- Having difficulties to hear in many situations
- Missing out on certain everyday sounds
Our World Hearing Day 2021 Activities
Do not miss out all the special activities this month. Our aim is to raise awareness regarding hearing loss and promoting hearing care. Check out our range of activities this month:
- Series of FB Live Talk with various professionals like ENT specialist, paediatrician, general public, hearing aids users and more to educate the public about hearing awareness.
- We are offering a Buy 1 Free 1 Diagnostic Hearing Test (worth RM200) for Rm100 only!
Bring your friends or family members along when you come over to our center for a hearing assessment to be entitled to a complimentary hearing test. Pay for 1 but you will get testing for 2.
- Snap and post on FB to support WHD ‘Social media Hear-a-thon’ with Soundlife photo-booth with below hashtag and get a free mysterious gift from Soundlife Hearing. Include either 3 of these hashtags –
#hearathon2021 #worldhearingday #soundlifehearing #betterhearingbetterlife #hearingmatters #safelistening
- SoundLife Hearing will donate a few hearing aids to support those who could not afford hearing aids. A total of 7 hearing aids worth Rm50,000 will be donated under SoundLife Hearing HOPE FOR HEARING CSR project. (https://www.soundlife.com.my/hope-for-hearing-project-post/)
You are not alone in this. We are here to ensure that you and your loved ones can stay connected, have meaningful communication and healthier hearing. Don’t be shy and claim our screening hearing test. We at SoundLife Hearing encourage you to be mindful of your hearing. Contact us today for more information